Thursday 6 April 2017

Am I doing this right?















Many times a day when I am mothering my toddler, I wonder if I am doing the right thing.

As I sit here in a fantastic nursing room in the flower dome, (that is supposedly under maintenance for forever, but I see no fault in it..other than the lock that isn't working..) because this is an emergency, he obviously needs nap #2 but would not go down (if not he would not want to eat a proper dinner and if that happens means I will be up at 1am and/or 4am feeding him porridge because he is hungry), mommy instincts tell me he needs the good old traditional lie-in-mommy's-arms-and-nurse-while-poking-her-face-till-I-pass-out kinda ritual. And true enough, he is snoring in my arms now. I take this opportunity to rest and breathe and regroup again. He had been stepping on my last frazzled nerve becoming increasingly whiny BUT REFUSING TO SLEEP BECAUSE IDK DAYS OUT WITH MOMMY ARE AWESOME OR WHAT?! I am so thankful for this place and moment in time right now.

Today did not go as planned. I had planned for us to visit the water playground children's garden at the Gardens by the Bay today. But waking to his runny-mucusy state this morning, I decided otherwise, better let him have alternative source of fun dry and indoors. So I did not pack in extra towels or a wetbag, just the usual extra sets of clothes and a jacket just in case.

After lunch and his nap #1, we went to the National Gallery where we saw an amazing artwork of a fairytale like jungle with a treehouse for kids to play in at the Keppel Centre of Art Education. Noah had a blast. I loved seeing how he ran around and explored after warming up to the place (meaning he clung to me and gripped my shirt like a koala). We played for about 30mins before he was tired and needed to nurse. He loved this place and we were sorry to leave it. I would definitely come back again.








So off we went, I walked and walked in hopes his sleepy eyes would close, but nope. He kept looking everywhere around him exclaiming "wow!" just to keep awake. So seeing that his nose has dried up, I decided we should go to the Gardens, while mulling over this decision on the way. Is this the right thing to do? He seems okay now, just tired. When we reached the Gardens he had that smile on his face which confirmed my decision. He was already having the best time!

I changed him out to cooler clothes for walking around and was still weighing if we should visit the water playground..then I thought "okay maybe we could go there and just look, he might not want to play afterall, given he is so tired.."








But he did!

But he did not want me to take off his shirt, leaving me worrying about him catching a cold. And I promptly dried him with his dry tshirt when he was done with this place. He only played for 15 minutes before hugging me and saying "all done, byebye fountain"😂

He whined nonstop as I was changing him out of his wet clothes and drying him off. Whined to nurse, whined to be tula-ed, then whined to be put down to walk which I did not allow. I chided him and then wondered if I was doing the right thing to scold him for whining. It definitely felt like he needed some a sharp tone of voice then to know that I do not condone whining. It is hell annoying!!! And then I found this place of solitude and he has been asleep for the past 50mins?

So we are here right now, and I am just pondering on how this day has progressed. Feeling like nothing really is in my control😂 I am glad I know just Whose hands my life is in and my each and every day..




On a happier note though.. I found lithops??!! I never thought I could find these in Singapore. Never dreamed. 😍 I bought...3 pots? (one of which Noah dropped after whining to hold one..and I got so mad at him, there was soil everywhere! and then of course doubted if I should have been so harsh🙄 I nearly did not want that pot anymore..but something kept drawing me back to it, like I had to have it. It was probably also the right thing to do because my son dropped it. Thankfully, the plants weren't damaged or anything, just lacking in some soil after the drop.) Hehe am planning to repot them to live altogether in a nice square pot when I get home. Can't wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment