Wednesday 5 April 2017

Pretending to be a sahm - A day in life



We went out today! Both of us needed the breather of fresh air and see something other than the four walls of our home sweet home.

We started our day early, having had ample rest. Breakfast for the toddler at 830am, followed by a nice shower for mommy while the toddler opens and closes the bathroom door to make sure that the bathroom isn't some kind of a transporter that will take mommy away into another universe😂 after my shower I got us ready and little one had to have a massive poop explosion that stained the sides of his romper😱 so he had to have a bath too, at the very last minute when we were almost leaving the house.

So into the bath he went. He did not like it one bit and complained the entire time until he was out in his towel and back in my arms. Maybe because I refused to carry him like I would normally BECAUSE I AM ALREADY IN CLEAN CLOTHES and carrying him like I normally would will definitely get me smelling like poop the entire day 😱and I didn't want to change already because you know, laundry, you know the struggle. Haha.  But I wasn't even mad! Not even close. I enjoyed that minor bump in the road to leaving the house can you believe it.

After the poop and bath drama, we were finally on our way out for Brunch at around 1030am. Noah napped on the way which was a good thing because if he did not he would not have the appetite for lunch.

Reached our lunch venue and he woke up just in time. While transferring him to the highchair I spilled some coffee on his shirt. And so had to change him out of it. Coaxed a few more mouthfuls of "rainbow rice" (basically brown and wild rice with alfalfa sprouts and a purple veg and salmon) and he was "full and all done" (loved that he signed).

And then off we went to pip's playbox. It was awesome because we were the only ones there!!😍 it was so peaceful and quiet. We loved it all to ourselves. And I was relieved too, because then he wouldn't be spreading any germs(they close to sanitize the entire place daily at around 3pm). Woohoo! Winning~

He played with wheels, the train tracks, the magnetic train cars, climbed up and down the stairs, skinned his big toe because he lost his balance but thats no biggie, did some coloring and played with straws. Even sat down for awhile to listen to me read aloud a book about cats. We had a lovely time.

And then I got thirsty. A mistake I made was to come here without a water bottle. And when a nursing momma is thirsty, she is desperately thirsty. Anyway by 130pm it was way past his 2nd nap time. So I bundled us up and off we went to get some boost juice, which he took some sips off before nursing and sleeping till now! 4pm😍






Quiet playtime~ where we could both hear ourselves think.




Knocked out😘

While he is out in lalaland, I had the opportunity to think and chat with a sahm on Facebook. I seriously envy their idyllic lifestyle. Her daughter is almost the same age as my little, maybe a few weeks apart, I forget. But that was how we came to know each other, from the Facebook group of mommies with babies in the same birth month if 2015.

I asked her about her expenses and what a day in life for her would be like. I loved that she told me so openly. I immediately screenshot our convo and telegrammed it to the husby. I desperately want this lifestyle. I am already imagining the possibilities of things to do and places we could go all over singapore that don't require an entrance fee. And that he could learn and broaden his horizons, other than being cooped up at school and home every day. So many (free) possibilities.

But alas. Husby's cpf alone will not suffice for now to support our damn hdb loan. I am on the verge of tears again.

It would definitely suck if by the time my dream can be made real, all these precious time in his toddlerhood would already be gone and lost forever. I would definitely make do with whatever time I am given, by the time this dream is made real..I am just hoping it is sooner.

Anyhoos. I'm still enjoying what's left of this idyllic week as a pretend sahm. I only wish it were for reals.

I am now waiting and hoping he can wake up from this nap already so that I can let him see some beautiful fountains(which are one of his favourite things) which are freeeee!! Hahahaha I might just enjoy finding free and cheap stuff for thrills.





So cheap?! Lol any cheaper you would have to boil it yourself😂


No comments:

Post a Comment